Unveiled at Watches and Wonders Digital in April 2021, the new GMT Sport titanium watch is Greubel Forsey’s first creation with a fully integrated metal bracelet. This spectacular timepiece features a new bezel and new finishes.
Taking centre stage for the first time on the GMT Sport, the distinctive Greubel Forsey bezel now subtly sheds the key figures of relief engraving, taking on a new profile. Hand-polished horizontal straight grain on top, hand-polished contours and sides in a soft and striking new form, finely crafted bezel that opens the dial and draws more attention to the essence – the Greubel Forsey machine Core and hand-finished, which are the hallmarks of every timepiece.
This new finish accentuates the unique profile of the GMT Sport’s bezel, with the oval gently curving at 12 and 6 o’clock to follow the contours of the wrist – a passion for perfect ergonomics reaffirms this watch modern everyday style exclusive timepiece.
This ergonomic design is further pursued in this new bracelet for the GMT Sport – the first metal bracelet created by copy Greubel Forsey. Entirely designed by Atelier and exclusively for this timepiece, it is fully integrated into the case of the GMT Sport, with a contour that seamlessly follows the oval shape of the case and bezel.
True to its heritage, Greubel Forsey has paid particular attention to the distribution of three different styles of finishes on the side and central links: straight, brushed and hand-polished chamfers.
For example, a matte finish was chosen to echo the finish of the lugs, emphasizing the aesthetic continuity between the case and bracelet. The latter is made of grade 5 titanium, which is lightweight, strong and very strong. It features a micro-adjustment system that provides valuable millimeters of movement, allowing the wearer to choose between a loose, relaxed fit or a comfortable wrist fit.
As for the movement, this new GMT Sport is the first to feature a uniform colour: the main plate, bridge, globe, second time zone dial and the 24-second indicator ring of the tourbillon 24-stop at 1 o’clock are all in the same blue end. Both the central suspended arched bridge and the tourbillon bridge are hollowed out to accentuate the three-dimensional movement architecture of its dark blue finish. copy watches for sale,
The choice of a deep matt blue on the one hand, and polished components in titanium (bridges, globe) or stainless steel (hands, power reserve) on the other, accentuate the strong contrast of the movement itself and ensure perfect legibility.
Thanks to a case diameter of 42 mm (45 mm for the bezel), the technicality of the movement is in perfect harmony with an intuitive central hour and minute display, a second time zone at 10 o’clock, a power reserve at 3 o’clock and a spinning globe 8 Globe at the o’clock.
With this new livery, which is more refined and refined than ever, Greubel Forsey offers a new expression for two of their iconic creations. Their third invention is the 24-second tourbillon, located between 12 and 2 o’clock. With its cage inclined at a 25° angle and completes a full rotation in 24 seconds, the Tourbillon 24 Seconds offers exceptional timekeeping performance – in addition to a truly unique visual effect. Review copy watch
Then, the globe is placed between 7 and 9 o’clock. More than any other product, it embodies the three-dimensional time display pioneered by Greubel Forsey. Thanks to this invention that performs a full rotation in 24 hours, the world time can be read easily, quickly and intuitively.
Viewed from above the North Pole, the ring with 24-hour markers reads local time at all longitudes and also serves as a day/night indicator. On the back side of the case, a disc showing the name of the city is surrounded by 2 rings, allowing the wearer to read UTC and daylight saving time for 24 cities in 24 major time zones. It also distinguishes those time zones that apply daylight saving time (on light backgrounds) from those that do not (on dark backgrounds).
Model: GMT Sport
Titanium blue movement
Manual winding movement with 3 patents • Patent pending
GMT • Second Time Zone • Rotating Earth with Universal Time and Day and Night • Universal Time in 24 Time Zones • Summer and Winter Time power reserve
• Diameter: 36.90 mm
• Thickness: 13.18mm
number of parts
• Movement: 435 parts
• Tourbillon cage: 88 parts
• Frame weight: 0.38g
number of jewels
• Olive Dome Jewelry in a Gold Sink
Chrono Power Reserve
• 72 hours
• Two coaxial tandem fast-turning barrels (one revolution in 3.2 hours), one of which is fitted with a sliding spring to avoid excessive tension
• Variable inertia with gold averaging time screw (10mm diameter)
• 21,600 vibrations/hour
• Phillips end curve
• Geneva Studs
Bridge and main plate
• Matte and speckled, polished beveled and countersunk, ruled sides, blue finish
• Multi-layered, openworked and polished cantilevered bridges, polished beveled and countersunk, ruled sides
• Open – working plane black polished tourbillon bridges, speckled, polished bevels and countersinks, ruled sides
• 25° tilt, 24 seconds rotation
• Light alloy cage struts
• Titanium cage bridge
• Gold counterweights
• Involute profile
• Tangential helical gears on fixed and escape wheel pinions
• Profiled teeth on helical gears and idler gears.
• Hours and minutes, on the arched bridge
• Small seconds on disc
• 72-hour sector power reserve
• 24-second tourbillon rotation
• Rotating titanium sphere with universal time
• Day and night display
• Second time zone GMT
• World time in 24 time zones
• summer time
• Titanium with curved synthetic sapphire crystal
• Three-dimensional, variable geometry bezel, hand-polished with hand-finished straight grain
• Shaped lugs, screwed
• Engraving buttons
• Transparent case back, high domed synthetic sapphire crystal
• Titanium safety screws
• Raised engravings “GMT Sport” and “Greubel Forsey”
• Strap diameter: 42.00 mm
• Bezel Diameter: 45.00 mm
• Case height: 15.70 mm
• Synthetic sapphire crystal height: 17.80 mm
• Waterproof 10atm – 100m – 328 feet (Standard NIHS 92-20/SN ISO 22810:2010 )
• Titanium and with GF logo
of rubber • Colored rubber caps, interchangeable
• Three-dimensional variable geometric hour ring with luminous hours and minutes
Scale • GMT indication with raised engraving
• Power reserve indicator, engraved and painted
• Gold tourbillon rotation indicator
• Rotating globe with fixed day and night UTC indicator in synthetic sapphire, engraved and painted
• Synthetic sapphire disc showing city name surrounded by 2 rings (UTC engraved on case / summer time engraved on gold movement plate, lacquered and hand-finished)
• “Daylight Saving Time” plate with limited number, raised engraving, hand-finished
Hours and minutes, curved profile, polished steel, with Super-Luminova
Second time zone GMT indication, grey triangle
Small seconds, fixed red triangle
Power reserve indicator, polished steel
24-second double-headed hand in aluminium, black finish
Strap and Buckle
Rubber with embossed text, titanium folding clasp, engraved GF logo
Three-row titanium bracelet, folding clasp with integrated fine adjustment, engraved GF logo